Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Fall, Y'All.   I'm not a big fan of fall as such.  Perhaps it is just the area we live in.  Leaves do not generally turn their beautiful hues.  They are green one day and the following are brown and then death of the leaf...as it tumbles down to the ground.

Rather than beginnings, as I keep reading, it appears to me as an ending.  Having said that, I'm not good at endings or goodbyes.  Unless, of course, it is the dentist drilling, drilling and I scream at him in my brain 'Stop, oh, please, stop".

I look forward to Winter.  This is a favorite of mine and fall is just one step closer to that season.  It too is a reflective season as well as a planning season.  The one hundred days of celebrations has begun, holidays in the very near future and a time to plan ahead.

I'm still enjoying the cooler evenings.  A window open to let the breezes in.  The squawking of the early morning Blue Jays is a great wake up call.  They are the harbinger of what is to come. 

I wish you all a happy Fall.  Enjoy the fruits of fall as well.  I finally found my appleman.  I've been waiting on him for weeks.  I had begun to think the worst, he is quite old and infirm, but there he was on Saturday with his flatbed truck parked in his usual spot bringing the wonderful  produce from the Shenandoah Valley.  Alls well with my little world.

Keep safe, keep warm. rd

3 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

Glad your appleman made it. Here in the high country I used to look for the same peddler of roasted green chilies. But a few years ago his son began showing up in his place. Time marches on.

Multiply has now fallen like Y360 and Blogger is more and more populated with the refugees from those platforms. Do things in fact move in circles?

BTW I detest the need to prove I am not a robot. I did away with it on my blogs and went to straight moderation only. Google seems really good at spam detection on its own.

On to try four and then I give up.

The Blog of Bee said...

The one thing I miss in the tropics is the scent of autumn. I'n not a winter lover although as I said somewhere else, I think I'd prefer that to the terrible rains and flooding that we're experiencing at the moment. This year is worse than ever and there's more to come. it's caused havoc and devastation.

You keep safe too

The Blog of Bee said...

I don't like the robot thing either and neither do I like comment moderation. I got round it by going into my settings and not allowing any anonymous comments.

I have to enlarge the robot thing!! But am having surgery soon to remove the cataracts and then there'll be no stopping me!

I am not a robot - I am a Dalek, I am a Dalek - if you never watched Dr Who you wouldn't know what I'm talking about - but they were robots!!