Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What are you Thankful for?

Allow Your Own Inner Light to Guide You
There comes a time when you must stand alone.

You must feel confident enough within yourself to follow your own dreams.

You must be willing to make sacrifices.

You must be capable of changing and rearranging your priorities so that your final goal can be achieved.

Sometimes, familiarity and comfort need to be challenged.

There are times when you must take a few extra chances and create your own realities.

Be strong enough to at least try to make your life better.

Be confident enough that you won't settle for a compromise just to get by.

Appreciate yourself by allowing yourself the opportunities to grow, develop, and find your true sense of purpose in this life.

Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the wa


After reading this and several other articles I could help myself but to ask you .."What are you thankful for?"

I don't consider myself a religious person, but definitely a spiritual one.Whatever that means to you it more than likely means something entirely different to me. But this is not meant to be a level playing field it is an exchange of ideas.

I want to write down the first thing that comes to mind and keep on listing the wonderful things that have enlightened me this year. What I have found though is that I may indeed take my life for granted in many respects.

I can walk. That is a great thank you from my heart.
I often can paint. The muse is not with me as often as I like but I won't quibble.
I am able to do the things I most want to do, watch my daughter take on the struggles of life and often beat the odds.
I can play games on line with my grandchild. Denied me for over ten years.
Most days I can care for my companions with the help of my computer, and occasionally a visit to a vet I admire.
I can watch the sun rise, if I desire, from my own home.

These are but a very few of the things I am thankful for. How about you? Is your health holding up? Is your family close and supportive? Do you like your life?

One last thought....I will be eternally grateful for not having to eat some of the concoctions I have been seeing on my 'foodie' sites. Oh, I think it is all about fusion fashion. But haven't they gone a bit mad with this? I hope that we won't be seeing these whipped up delights next year. Back to the basics for me.

I'm here to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving. Drive safe. RD

2 comments:

JBinford-Bell said...

It is nice at least once a year to stop and take stock of what you are thankful for.

I am so thankful my sister bought a Jeep Rubicon. We have such fun together being childish in the outback splashing through mud puddles.

I am thankful for my studio and the wonderful window it gives me to the world - especially the dawns. And I am thankful for the legal aid attorneys that are helping me fight the shyster contractor that wants to take it and my home away.

I am thankful for the visits of my muse and watching my art grow and evolve. And the three Best of Shows that have validated that.

And very thankful for my fur kids. And my sister and my best friend. All who will be here for Thanksgiving.

And all my internet friends that I made on 360 and followed me (or I followed them) to FB and Blogger.

Thank you for bringing up this topic.

The Blog of Bee said...

I am thankful for many things - unfortunately I just don't show it sometimes! I do give thanks though for blessings bestowed, on a daily basis


I am more than thankful that I have not died yet - I still have far too much to do.