Monday, May 11, 2009

Here we go......its officially summer.




How would you like to have one of these fellas trying his best to get into your kitchen door? Nope, I didn't think so. This is the third year, since moving to the Eastern Shore, that he has tried to invade MY space.

Let me just say....I don't like snakes, not one little bit. In fact, I will tell you quite honestly...I scream like a woman when I catch a glimpse of one anywhere near my space. Yeah, I know all about their good qualities, I look them up every year. So... I ask you...if this is a rat snake...do we have rats?

I live rural. Surrounded by acres and acres of whatever the farmer plans on putting in this year. Mostly it has been soy beans or corn. I also live quite close to a creek so therefore the water snakes arrive as well.

I know this is a fact of life. And it is more than likely it is the same snake....they can live up to 23 years, but it sure scares the pants off of me. I will be doing indoor projects for awhile. I never venture out immediately after a sighting.

I did find a sweet gateleg table this weekend. I'm thinking of painting it shinny red. Have a spot chosen in the keeping room. I'm a little more than concerned though,we asked for it to be delivered yesterday, paid for and all. Its still not here. Hmmmmmm. Shore Life.RD

No comments: