Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What's Your Style?

Looking around other blogs, serious ones at that, explaining the virtues of this or that style I have come to the conclusion that mine is "Shaggy Bohemian Cottage". Whew, I wonder if I could Google this and come up with something that is just right for me. I doubt it....and frankly , who cares? Its what I like.

Components of each of these styles is a mix that I enjoy being around, a sort of comfort zone.

I came here to my farm house 10 years ago. At that time I was fixated on 'high country'. I just thought my house would lend itself well to that style. I did and it still would, but I'm tired of it.

Change is something I thrive on. I get tired of things very quickly, when it no longer suites my purpose or color palette I get rid of it. That is what I am trying to do. It will take time, I need to find the perfect items. I will be upholstering and painting my little heart out.

I am dreading the living room....what was I thinking? All that wallpaper to be removed. This may not be complete in my lifetime. But there are plenty of other spaces I lend my hand to.

This is what I will be doing in the future. As I complete a project I will share. Like that sweet little gateleg table....if it ever comes. For now, I'm working on the chandelier, and my bedroom.

Have a great day.RD

No comments: