Friday, June 5, 2009

Zinsser makes Bin


I rarely rave about a product. Not that there aren't many out there, telling us that they do this and that. Bin says it will prime and tighten up the surface and it does.

This latest beautification project wasn't my cup of tea. I haven't designated it for anything as yet,so it is a 'go with the flow' type of thing. As you recall, I do the oops thing and that leaves me quite limited as to just exactly what I will do.

It required two coats of Bin. Yup, it was that bad. The walls had to be hand scraped then the primer applied. The waiting time is the worst for me....I want to see color.

The ceiling is a boring white, along with the trim. This works. I had it around and it is just enough to finish the job. The doors will be a light gray, along with the stripe on the newly painted floors. Like I mentioned in a past post...the walls will be a light, light pink. This is a new thing for me. I'm not a pinky by nature but it is here and it was free.

I won't be painting today. I wear paint and I need to have an eye exam so I won't attempt to keep spotless and get it all done and look presentable for the new doc.

Think I will be watching the paint dry. Noooo, still putting finishing touches in the bedroom. Will that ever be finished? This room is one of those projects that is never quite complete. A dab of white found its way onto the burgundy, or vice versa. Oh, the switch plates need to be fitted. Do you paint your closets? That too. Do it right I say.

I do have other paintless projects that can keep me busy until it is time to go. Tell all tomorrow. RD

No comments: